Posts

Breaking: Fayose Granted Bail, Remanded In Prison Until Conditions Are Met

Image
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has granted former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose bail. The bail was granted to Fayose, who has been in the custody of his prosecutors, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, since last week Tuesday. In granting the bail to Fayose, who is facing trial for alleged N2.2 billion fraud, Justice Mojisola Olatoregun said he must provide two sureties in like sum. Olatoregun then directed that Fayose should be remanded in the prison custody pending when he meets the bail conditions. Kindly call 08165603597 for Adverts, Sponsorship and summoning us to cover Newsworthy events. Click  here  to WhatsApp Us.

Kutigi For Burial Today As Shonekan’s Family Denies Death Rumour

Image
The family of the late Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Idris Kutigi, has announced his burial ceremony for today and tomorrow. Also, the family of the former head of the Interim National Government, Chief Earnest Shonekan, has debunked his rumoured death. A statement issued yesterday by Mrs Binta Aliyu, the family’s first child, said the body of the late jurist is scheduled to arrive in Abuja from London this morning, October 24, with the burial slated for 2pm at the Gudu Cemetery, Abuja, after the Janazah prayers at the National Mosque, Abuja. According to her, Fidau prayers will take place on Thursday at 10am at the residence of the late jurist in Asokoro, Abuja. “The Fidau prayers will also take place simultaneously at the Etsu Nupe’s Palace in Bida and in Kutigi, Niger State,” she added. Meanwhile, Chief Ernest Shonekan’s family yesterday refuted the rumour of his purported death. Mrs. Basirat Umar-Shonekan, one of his daughters, denied the rumoured death of her fath...

FRSC Condoles Families Of Accident Victims On Lagos/Ibadan Expressway

Image
The Federal Road Safety Corps in Ogun has condoled with families of those that lost their lives in an accident that involved two vehicles on Tuesday at Aseese area on Lagos/Ibadan expressway. Clement Oladele, Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, expressed the corps’ condolences when he visited the scene of the accident which occurred at about 5.30 a.m on Tuesday. Oladele confirmed that 42 people were involved in the accident, which left nine dead, while five sustained various degrees of injuries. He explained that the speeding driver of the Marcopolo bus rammed into a stationary truck. He said: “The accident is unfortunate and painful, and I pray that God should grant the deceased eternal rest and give their family members the fortitude to bear the loss.” Oladele implored passengers to always caution vehicle drivers when speeding and if they refuse to listen, they should be reported to the appropriate authority. The sector commander warned tru...

EFCC Detention: Fayose feeds over 150 Detainees, gets Lawyers for them

Image
A former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, was on Monday said to have fed over 150 detainees in the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. This was revealed by one of his Media Aides, Lere Olayinka, via a WhatsApp post. Olayinka equally said that Fayose has decided to get lawyers for some of the detainees and pay for those unable to meet their bail conditions owing to paucity of funds. Fayose was on Monday arranged over allegations of fraud before a Federal High Court in Lagos. He was accused of having received funds from the Officer of the former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, through a former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, for the prosecution of his election on the platform of the Peoples' Democratic Party in 2014. The court did not grant him bail and ordered his return to the EFCC for detention until his bail application is considered. Olayinka later on Monday sent a WhatsApp message indicating ...

Those who feel they have another country aside Nigeria may leave – Buhari

Image
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday reiterated his position that Nigerians have no other country than Nigeria, telling those who feel that have another to leave. President Buhari made the remark on Monday when he received the All Progressives Congress governorship aspirant and members of the party from the three Senatorial Districts of Kwara State at the State House. He described his late deputy when he was Military Head of State, Major General Tunde Idiagbon, who is from Kwara State, as a very rare example of what loyalty to one’s fatherland should be. A statement by presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, quoted Buhari as having said: “The late Major General Tunde Idiagbon was a very rare example of what loyalty to fatherland and to a superior should be. “Tunde was strong, loyal and extremely committed to the cause of positively changing the narrative about Nigeria, which the administration set out to do at that time.” President Buhari recalled how his former deputy whi...

JUST IN: Fayose pleads not guilty to 30.8bn fraud charge, remanded in EFCC custody

Image
After being in custody for five days, the immediate past governor of Ekiti, Ayodele Fayose appeared before a Federal High Court, Lagos, charged with N30.8 billion fraud on Monday, 22nd of October, 2018. Fayose is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) alongside his company, Spotless Investment Ltd, on an 11-count charge of N30.8 billion fraud. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that he, however, pleaded innocence of the offences. After the arraignment of the accused, the defence counsel, Kanu Agabi (SAN), who is a former Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), informed the court of a motion on notice for the bail of the accused. He told the court that same had been served on the prosecution. In response, the EFCC prosecutor, Rotimi Oyedepo, confirmed service of the bail application, but told the court that he required time to reply. Justice Mojisola Olatoregun, consequently, adjourned the case until October 24 for the hearing ...

EFCC moves Fayose to Lagos as trial begins at Federal High Court on Monday

Image
Reports indicated last night that the trial of the immediate past governor of Ekiti state, Fayose at a Federal High Court may begin on Monday. The ex-governor is facing trial in connection with N1.299 billion and $5.3 million allegedly allocated to him by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) from N4.65 billion slush fund allegedly shared by ONSA. Ahead of the trial, Fayose may be relocated from Abuja to Lagos today. EFCC confirmed last night that Fayose has been served charges and trial notice. But the ex-governor denied collecting $5.3 million from a former Minister of State for Defence, Mr. Musiliu Obanikoro. He was said to have only admitted knowing Obanikoro and his associate, Abiodun Agbele, who allegedly brought six choice properties for him in Lagos and Abuja. He was also said to have confirmed during interrogation yesterday that Agbele bought the properties for him. A source who spoke with our correspondent last night said: “We have preferred cha...